Time & Location
28 May, 09:00 EAT – 30 May, 16:00 EAT
UGANDA NATIONAL CULTURAL CENTRE (UNCC) - KAMPALA
Film as a tool for cultural expression and economic development
EXhibitions, Workshops, Film Screenings, Forums & more
U.S MISSION UGANDA
Uganda National Cultural Centre
Screen Actors Guild Uganda
Uganda Cinema NIght
About the Event
Film and Cultural Week is an initiative of KAMPALA FILM DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION funded by the U.S MISSION UGANDA. The three-day Film and Cultural week is an annual event between Uganda and USA that will happen for the first time on 28th to 30th May 2021 in Kampala-Uganda. The week presents creative, challenging and ground breaking film works from Uganda and USA.
This project will feature components focusing more on collaboration through Film and cultural diversity that exists between the two countries.
Film and Cultural week features screenings of Ugandan and American short and Feature films, works of young Filmmakers, Special events, and opportunities for attendees to meet with the directors, actors, producers, screenwriters, and composers involved in the making of the featured films. The Film and Cultural week highlights more on young filmmakers, offers film workshops for youth and hosts a ‘Film as Business’ forum for economic and social development of young Film makers.
The project’s goal is to remind the young people that working together on protecting and developing the cultural diversity and exchange in our communities through Film for economic development is a long-lasting and important process that has recently started and should be kept going on, for as long as possible.
OBJECTIVES OF FILM AND CULTURAL WEEK
1) To provide a forum for young Film makers from Uganda and USA communities to experiment and share their talents with a wide public.
2) To attract Film related investments
3) Advise localities and government agencies in devising film-friendly policies
4) Educate and empower citizens about film production and its impacts
5) Strengthening grassroots infrastructure to create a productive co-production climate for Film between Uganda and USA.
6) To assisting with the distribution channels of locally produced films to the broader market
7) To Identify key film organizations that might need assistance.
8) To publicize film events and Foster collaboration among film, video, and television organizations
9) To circulate information about film training programs and film schools or institutions within the two countries.
10) To create a Networking atmosphere and promote civic participation in film activities
11) To promote use of Film as a medium to promote Culture in our communities.
a) Positive awareness of diversity of Film and culture, robust team work.
b) Increased Film productions.
c) Film Production Incentives, Increased Film Productions.
d) Increased Film productions, Human capital/Job creation, and improved livelihood.
e) Stable Film productions, Cultural exchange, enriched inter-country relationship and increased opportunities.
f) Increased Revenue
g) Diverse Employment Opportunities
h) Increased Demand and Wide market base
i) Access to Film Knowledge, Professional Film making services
j) Converted citizens, Increased demand for movies & Increased Opportunities
k) Amplified Patriotism and improved Tourism opportunities for both countries.
THEME: Film as a Tool for Cultural Expression and Economic Development.
Funded By: U.S MISSION UGANDA
Organized By: KAMPALA FILM DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
1. Screen Actors Guild Uganda
2. Uganda National Cultural Centre
3. Havy Tours and Travel Uganda Limited
4. Havana Business Developers
5. Uganda Cinema Night
REGISTER TO ATTEND
Select Workshop to attend
WOULD YOU LIKE TO EXHIBIT AT THE EVENT?
Would you like to Submit your Film for Screening?
SEND DETAILS TO OUR EMAIL BELOW
Film and Cultural week
BETWEEN UGANDA AND U.S.A